About the role :
The Vulnerability Management analyst is concerned with finding all vulnerabilities that exist across all of Verizon’s line of businesses and work with system owners to ensure identified vulnerabilities are remediated or mitigated in accordance with EVM Standards and CPI 810.
- Evaluation of reported “bugs”/vulnerabilities to ensure appropriate triage.
- Facilitate work efforts related to vulnerability scanning deployment and operations.
- Work with and evolve the Security Operations toolsets and reporting to provide better vulnerability insight and create effective communications and reporting.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the asset inventory, or better enrich vulnerability data. Conduct ongoing research to help validate completeness or identify “gaps”.
- Oversee multi-departmental investigations into vulnerability impact or remediation. Provide comprehensive analysis back to leadership.
- Compile documentation of and conduct training on the program processes and procedures.
- Follow-up with owners to ensure remediation efforts are consistent with SLA/policy. Escalation for noncompliance.
- Definition, measurement and reporting on operational KPIs.
- Presentation to cross-functional stakeholders and Sr. leadership to ensure the awareness of and ongoing success of the vulnerability reporting and management programs.
- Keep abreast of current cyber security and technology news and trends.
Candidate requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in cyber-security and/or Security Operations.