Web DeveloperFull Time
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
- The development of Internet, Intranet, Mobile Web Sites, and Web enabled application services to meet the requirements of Metrolinx’s business offices.
- The development and administration of Internet and Intranet functionality and capabilities to meet corporate customer service and other business needs.
- Helping with the design and integration of the public web site with internal and external systems and services as required for the dissemination of corporate information.
- Coordinating with other I&IT offices to provide responsive support for the Internet and Intranet Web Sites such as adherence to web working committee direction, content management, and website Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) (like call center volumes) throughout their active life.
- Acts as website administrator as required, including coordination of Web site hosting providers and internal business and technical staff.
- Develops operational logic and business rules that are necessary for design features to be reproduced correctly according to specifications.
- Develops efficient code or script to enable the various features, ensuring that sound, graphics, animations and timings function as intended, and make good use of processing and data storage capacity.
- Creates and links databases to the user interface so that information can be retrieved, stored and processed interactively by Web pages or Web-related applications.
- Co-ordinates installation, technical and acceptance testing, and post-implementations for Web related activities.
- Implements effective World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards for policy and accessibility compliance
- Applies effective quality control and security measures to all Web development activities to ensure continued effectiveness and maintainability.
- Knowledge of computer science field with particular emphasis on design and development normally attained through completion of a three-year community college program or equivalent combination of education and related experience. Must have in-depth knowledge of Web design, UI development, and web content management, normally obtained through several years of experience as a webmaster.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience with a solid background in the analysis, design and development of Web Sites and Web-enabled applications including knowledge of, or demonstrated skills in;
- Relational databases, and database design, including proficiency with SQL Server and Oracle relational databases, 2.0 Level AA standards compliance, jQuery, HTML, web content authoring support, web content publishing and website statistics generation .